Friday, 11 October 2013

Peaches for Monsieur le Cure

Peaches for Monsieur le Cure is the 3rd and last part of the Chocolat trilogy by Joanne Harris, an English contemporary author, who combines in her one-of-a-kind way fantastic narrative skills and a certain poetic flow in her descriptions. Once you've picked any of her novels, you find yourself utterly immersed in the atmosphere of magic rituals, the non-obvious interpretation of reality, and before you know it, you get seduced by the subtle and hypnotising voice of the story-teller who invites you to meet the strong, vivid, extraordinary female protagonists which you can either love or hate or yearn to learn more about - but with whom you can never get bored.

This part is a real page-turner and I have the impression that each book in the series just keeps getting better and exceeds expectations.

As for the story outline, I am never eager to give away any secrets but this much I can tell - prepare yourself to be astonished - the finale is fantastic: unexpectant, thrilling and leaving you bewildered and jaw-dropped. If you liked Chocolat (be that a movie or a book) and , I am sure I don't need to persuade you much,

2 comments:

  1. Sounds temptingly chocolicious! I will surely read it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know this is a trylogy! I have to read it soon (after "Wiedźmin" of course ;) ).

    ReplyDelete