In the age where the top priority is sharing information, you've probably heard of -or are already using- social networks like Twitter, Facebook, Instagram od Pinterest, where you can upload data such as pictures you've found online (or taken yourself), interesting quotes or just sharing with your peers your daily life stories and observations.
If you want to go one step further, you can go ahead and dip your toe in DIY projects, perhaps finding a new, interesting hobby... Of which you could eventually make a living!
Could this be true? Internet-based online store for all things vintage and handmade, Etsy, proves that to be very true for many a people the world over. There's more than enough inspiration and creativity to browse through. It actually shifts my spirits to watch at all the beautiful things people make, especially as those days I struggle a bit to find something positive to hold on to - everything counts.
You can take a taste test on Etsy and get customised recommendations, and you'll find anything from furniture, shoes, vintage wedding gowns, herbal infusion blends to bath and beauty products. I highly recommend cheking it out. I have also found some bizzare things out there, like... mermaid's tails made of latex. If you were ever thinking of having one, it can be yours for merely 1,200.00 zł. https://www.etsy.com/
Check out my personal favourite shops and categories here:
1. Fragrance - https://www.etsy.com/search?q=perfume&page=1 Just look at the selection and the variety that is offered! Many of those products are very good value and they are produced in small amounts, so that if you're shopping for a gift, you have the certainty to find something unique and fabulous :)
2. Fashion and Costume Masks, very artistic and great for the carnival at Tom Banwell's store
3. Natural beauty - that's my favourite category, I spent a lot of time browsing ths one some time ago, here I present a small fraction of the stores I love (some of them I've tried and I was really satsfied with the service and the products) Live Beautifully (owned by a lovely, young couple who hand-make the cosmetics together - isn't that just sweet??), Sakura Bath and Body (the owner of this shop, Michelle, mother of 4, is a very lovely lady and her products are fantastic, I highly recommend them). And until you see WizardAtWork, you won't believe what shapes soaps can be made into.
4. Art - I mostly enjoy drawings and watercolour, here are some of the shops that match my taste in art and aesthetics: Krystyna81 (show some love for our compatriot living in the USA!), beautiful watercolours painted by silverridgestudio (breathtaking, it looks so effortless...)
I have learnt a lot browsing through those pages in my personal experience with some DIY projects... On that - another time.
See you soon!


Thank you for showing me Etsy. I think this page will inspire me.
ReplyDeleteHi, Ju! I am very pleased that you enjoy Etsy! But I feel that I must warn you - it's the Bermuda Triangle of your spare time. ;)
ReplyDeleteHa ha, thanks! A mermaid's tail is a must! How could I have lived without one? :D
ReplyDeleteI've never heard of this site, but I really enjoy it! Especially silverridgestudio's watercolours!
ReplyDeleteIt's true that the handmade presents are the best ones because of their uniqueness:)
P.S. I love the picture in the background of your blog! :D