Snickers - a book you are going nuts about
No surprises here, for me it would be the Witcher series by Andrzej Sapkowski. I started reading the books when I was 13-ish and ever since I really like coming back to the books, espcially during the month of November. It currently takes me about 5 days to re-read the whole 8-volume series (the first two volumes consist of short stories introducing us to the realm and the caracters and give us the echo of the main story line which is evoked in the concurring 5 volumes... and the last volume is a sidequel, written by Sapkowski as a thank-you or a give-me-a-break-you-freaks for the fans). I don't want to flood you with my enthusiastic ramblings about the series. Just trust me when I say, it is a meta-textual, meta-cultural masterpiece.
Hot Chocolate With Cream And Marshmallows - a read that brings you comfort
Ummm... Er... Well, I wanted to pick a series and thus say the actual truth, but I am going to use this example in the following category, so I struggle a bit to choose this particular one... As a general rule I pick new reads when I need comfort, because I want to be taken someplace else altogether, if you know what I mean. But let's say I am going to choose the Chocolat series by the phenomenal Joanne Harris. The trilogy includes "Chocolat" (which was made into a movie starring Johnny Depp... Oh, and Juliette Binoche, but who care about Juliette Binoche when you have Johnny Depp with a ponytail, playing a guitar on a boat), "The Lollipop Shoes" and "Peaches For Monsieur le Cure" (alternative title: "Peaches For Father Francis"). A fantastic read.
Box of Chocolates - a series with bits for everyone
DUH I chose the Harry Potter series. Because... Harry Potter, people. Harry Potter.
I hope you enjoyed my list and perhaps it will inspire you to create your own or ever reflect on what would your choices be?... The Chocolate Book Tag was originally created by Faye from A Daydreamer's Ramblings and I modified it a little to suit an average Polish consumer of chocolate :P


Marysia, thank you for sharing your chocolate box of books! It's good to see some familiar names and guilty pleasures of mine (Pratchett and Harris mostly), and some items which have figured on my to-be-read list for some time, too. Thanks for keeping your blog such a pleasure to read :) BTW, how is your video project coming along? Any hope? I've been really looking forward to it!
ReplyDeleteThank you, I'm glad you enjoyed eading the tag :) I actually think of creating a tag of my own, but apparently it takes more courage that I thought, especially since it seems I am going to have to make it on my own after all.
ReplyDelete